Astro Club Porto-Vecchio Index du Forum Astro Club Porto-Vecchio
Partagez votre savoir et vos connaissances ou vos questions sur le fabuleux domaine qu'est l'astronomie !

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Ballmer talks Windows Phone 7 with CNET (Q&A)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Astro Club Porto-Vecchio Index du Forum -> Astronomie -> Le système solaire
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hah002103
Membre

MessagePosté le: Mar 12 Oct - 07:15 (2010)    Sujet du message: Ballmer talks Windows Phone 7 with CNET (Q&A) Répondre en citant

NEW YORK--Steve Ballmer thinks that Microsoft is going to make up some lost ground with

Windows Phone 7. But just how much, he won't say.

"I Final Fantasy XIV Gilwon't make

any forecasts," the Microsoft chief executive told CNET today in an interview following the

introduction of the new mobile OS. "I think this is a very dynamic marketplace. You've got

a weird eclectic mix of players...We'll have to see where we play in the mix, but I am

optimistic about the chance to make some real progress."

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, presiding over today's New York introduction of Windows Phone

(Credit: Bonnie Cha/CNET) Ballmer did say that Microsoft is aiming at the masses and not

trying to be pigeonholed into a particular niche.

"People want to say is it an enterprise phone or is it an entertainment phone?" Ballmer

said, speaking just after the launch event here. "It's a phone. It is a phone that is

designed to appeal to people quite broadly. I think there are a lot of people out there who

really do want a different kind of phone, who really want a phone that puts them at the

center of the universe, that gives them the hardware choices that they want, not the

hardware choices that somebody has made for them."

Indeed, on Monday Microsoft and its hardware partners rolled out a number of different

devices--10 for the U.S. market, with varying screen sizes and shapes, including models

with cheap ffxiv Giland without

keyboards. However, Ballmer drew a line between offering some choice versus fragmenting the

market--something he seemed to accuse Google of doing with Android.

Below is an edited transcript from the first part of our interview, as well as a separate

video interview I did today. In part two of the interview, which is slated to post

tomorrow, Ballmer talks about tablets, the PC industry, and where Microsoft is headed as a

company.

Q: Who do you think is going to buy this phone? What's your elevator pitch for Windows

Phone 7?
Ballmer: Who will buy it? Human beings. Let me start with that. People want to say is it an

enterprise phone or is it an entertainment phone? It's a phone. It is a phone that is

designed to appeal to people quite broadly. I think there are a lot of people out there who

really do want a different kind of phone, who really want a phone that puts them at the

centerff14 gil of the universe,

that gives them the hardware choices that they want, not the hardware choices that somebody

has made for them and yet provides the always-consistent, delightful experience that I

think we offer, as opposed to the roll-your-own, different UI, different look...that you

see on some of our competitors' products. 
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 12 Oct - 07:15 (2010)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Astro Club Porto-Vecchio Index du Forum -> Astronomie -> Le système solaire Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.